Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 3:27 pm
Diamondbacks to wear black jerseys for remainder of homestand, per players' request
According to the announcement, the decision came in response to the request of the players.
Typically, the Diamondbacks' black jerseys are worn as a weekend alternate uniform but the kit for the current homestand has been tweaked, with "Arizona" replacing "D-backs" on the front of the jersey as a tribute to victims of the Yarnell fire.
A white No. 19 patch has also been placed on the jersey's left breast, in honor of the 19 men whose lives were lost while fighting the wildfire near Prescott. After the homestand, for the second half of the season, the Diamondbacks will continue to don the No. 19 patch, but it will be moved to the left sleeve of their uniforms.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.