Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 3:27 pm
Diamondbacks to wear black jerseys for remainder of homestand, per players' request
According to the announcement, the decision came in response to the request of the players.
Typically, the Diamondbacks' black jerseys are worn as a weekend alternate uniform but the kit for the current homestand has been tweaked, with "Arizona" replacing "D-backs" on the front of the jersey as a tribute to victims of the Yarnell fire.
A white No. 19 patch has also been placed on the jersey's left breast, in honor of the 19 men whose lives were lost while fighting the wildfire near Prescott. After the homestand, for the second half of the season, the Diamondbacks will continue to don the No. 19 patch, but it will be moved to the left sleeve of their uniforms.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.