Updated Nov 6, 2013 - 4:23 pm
Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt wins Silver Slugger Award
Goldschmidt had a .302 batting average with a .551 slugging percentage this season. He had 36 home runs, tying him for first in the National League, and his 125 RBI paced the league by 16. He also was third in runs scored and walks, with 103 and 99, respectively. Among first baseman, Goldschmidt ranked first in runs, homers, RBI, OPS and total bases.
Goldschmidt is the sixth D-backs player to win a Silver Slugger Award, joining Luis Gonzalez (2001), Micah Owings (2007), Daniel Hudson (2011), Justin Upton (2011) and Aaron Hill (2012).
On Monday, Goldschmidt was named one of the three NL MVP Finalists, along with Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen and the St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina. Already this postseason, Goldschmidt has won a Gold Glove and received the Hank Aaron Award, which is given to each league's most outstanding offensive player.
- Gerardo Parra's Arizona Diamondbacks career: By the Numbers
- Martin Prado: By the Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks call up Andy Marte and Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.