Updated Nov 6, 2013 - 4:23 pm
Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt wins Silver Slugger Award
Goldschmidt had a .302 batting average with a .551 slugging percentage this season. He had 36 home runs, tying him for first in the National League, and his 125 RBI paced the league by 16. He also was third in runs scored and walks, with 103 and 99, respectively. Among first baseman, Goldschmidt ranked first in runs, homers, RBI, OPS and total bases.
Goldschmidt is the sixth D-backs player to win a Silver Slugger Award, joining Luis Gonzalez (2001), Micah Owings (2007), Daniel Hudson (2011), Justin Upton (2011) and Aaron Hill (2012).
On Monday, Goldschmidt was named one of the three NL MVP Finalists, along with Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen and the St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina. Already this postseason, Goldschmidt has won a Gold Glove and received the Hank Aaron Award, which is given to each league's most outstanding offensive player.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.