Updated Nov 6, 2013 - 4:23 pm
Diamondbacks' Paul Goldschmidt wins Silver Slugger Award
Goldschmidt had a .302 batting average with a .551 slugging percentage this season. He had 36 home runs, tying him for first in the National League, and his 125 RBI paced the league by 16. He also was third in runs scored and walks, with 103 and 99, respectively. Among first baseman, Goldschmidt ranked first in runs, homers, RBI, OPS and total bases.
Goldschmidt is the sixth D-backs player to win a Silver Slugger Award, joining Luis Gonzalez (2001), Micah Owings (2007), Daniel Hudson (2011), Justin Upton (2011) and Aaron Hill (2012).
On Monday, Goldschmidt was named one of the three NL MVP Finalists, along with Pittsburgh Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen and the St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina. Already this postseason, Goldschmidt has won a Gold Glove and received the Hank Aaron Award, which is given to each league's most outstanding offensive player.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.