Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with RHP Josh Collmenter
Collmenter, 28, was one of the most reliable bullpen options for the D-backs in 2013, posting a 5-5 record with a 3.13 ERA in 49 appearances. The Homer, Mich. native also led the National League with a franchise-record nine relief appearances of three or more innings and 29.0 innings pitched in extra-inning games -- the most in baseball since Tug McGraw of the New York Mets in 1972.
Since becoming a 15th-round pick of the Diamondbacks in 2007, Collmenter has posted a 20-18 record with a 3.40 ERA in 108 games.
In addition to Collmenter, Arizona outfielders Mark Trumbo and Gerardo Parra and relief pitcher Joe Thatcher are eligible for salary arbitration.
- Rookie makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.