Updated May 5, 2014 - 3:12 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' Chris Owings named N.L. Rookie of the Month
MLB announced Monday that the 22-year-old earned the award for his play during March and April, where he hit .313 with five doubles and four stolen bases in 28 games.
Owings is the second D-backs hitter to earn the award, joining Gerardo Parra, who did so in May 2009. Pitchers Daniel Hudson and Wade Miley were also named rookies of the month in their first season, with Hudson doing so in August 2010 and Miley in April 2012.
Other rookies to receive votes were pitchers David Hale (Atlanta) and Tommy Kahnle (Colorado), along with Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati) and Tony Sanchez (Pittsburgh).
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.