Updated May 5, 2014 - 3:12 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' Chris Owings named N.L. Rookie of the Month
MLB announced Monday that the 22-year-old earned the award for his play during March and April, where he hit .313 with five doubles and four stolen bases in 28 games.
Owings is the second D-backs hitter to earn the award, joining Gerardo Parra, who did so in May 2009. Pitchers Daniel Hudson and Wade Miley were also named rookies of the month in their first season, with Hudson doing so in August 2010 and Miley in April 2012.
Other rookies to receive votes were pitchers David Hale (Atlanta) and Tommy Kahnle (Colorado), along with Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati) and Tony Sanchez (Pittsburgh).
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.