Updated Feb 14, 2014 - 4:16 pm
Former ASU offensive lineman Brandon Rodd dies at 28
As a left tackle for ASU in 36 games, Rodd earned honorable mention All-Pac-10 recognition for three years along with being the recipient of four Pac-10 Conference All-Academic honors. In his final season the Aiea, Hawaii native was named ASU's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman of the Year and was invited to play in the Hula Bowl in Honolulu.
Rodd was red shirted in 2003 as a member of the scout team and then tore his ACL in the season opener of the 2004 season. A medical redshirt was granted and Rodd went on to start the next 35 games for the Sun Devils.
The 6-foot-4 offensive lineman set an example for student-athletes on and off the field at ASU, earning his degree in business and education before playing in the NFL with the Oakland Raiders and the Cleveland Browns.
Rodd is survived by his mother, Valeriz Lee, brother, Jared, and two sisters, Aimee and Nicol.
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Taylor Kelly, D.J. Foster and Jaelen Strong named best offensive 'triplet' in the Pac-12
- Four-star DT Dalvon Stuckey not enrolling at ASU because of academics
- Adam Archuleta: ASU's Taylor Kelly not elite, but a 'baller'
- ASU's Taylor Kelly lands on Davey O'Brien Award watch list
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?