Tour Cactus League spring training stadiums
The Cactus League has long been an Arizona tradition, and some of the greatest players in the history of baseball have warmed up for their seasons here.
The 15 teams coming for spring training this year will play ball at 10 stadiums located from Surprise to Mesa.
From the Los Angeles Angels’ 48-year-old Tempe Diablo Stadium to the Chicago Cubs’ Sloan Park, which opened in 2014, the Cactus League stadiums range from historic to state-of-the-art.
This Cronkite News graphic maps out the stadiums and gives info on the Cactus League teams’ homes for this spring.
Cactus League play kicks off Wednesday, with Grand Canyon University traveling to Salt River Fields in Scottsdale to face the Arizona Diamondbacks, and will continue until April 1.
- A different team: Goldschmidt, D-backs look forward, not back
- Through hardships of grind, D-backs players driven by family, fortune
- Players Weekend popular with Diamondbacks, too
- Check out all 30 MLB teams’ colorful uniforms for Players Weekend
- MLB umpires wear wristbands to protest ‘abusive’ treatment