Yum! The hottest new Diamondbacks food items
When Diamondbacks fans return to Chase Field Friday, they will be seeing a team with one of the best records in all of baseball.
They will also have an opportunity to, once again, dine on some outstanding ballpark food.
As you all know, the D-backs upped their food game this season with a collection of new items, which ranged from some sounding incredibly delicious to some that had as asking, “What were they thinking?”
Turns out, the chefs were right all along.
The first week at the ballpark indicated the grub went over well with fans, with the newest items being bit hits.
Here are the top-5 hottest food items at Chase Field from the first week of the season.
5. Funnel cake chicken sandwich
Perhaps the creation for the most outgoing of foodies — USA Today’s For the Win called it the craziest ballpark food in MLB — the funnel cake chicken sandwich sold 188 times at Taste of Chase. Between the funnel cake is, well, chicken, along with garlic black pepper cheddar, strawberry jam and syrup.
4. Danzeisen Milkshakes
Between Sizzle & Cheese and Paradise Valley Burger Company, 374 milkshakes from the local Danzeisen Dairy were sold. Refreshing and tasty? Sign us up!
3. 18-hour smoked beef brisket
2. Tot dog
Located at Big Dawgs, this isn’t your typical chili-cheese foot-long. Topped with sour cream, cheese, green onion and tater tots, there were 591 cooked up for hungry Diamondbacks fans.
1. Bacon-wrapped pretzel baguette
At Taste of Chase, 599 of the things we all knew would sell well did just that. The name explains most of this dish, which also includes black forest ham, Swiss cheese and mustard and jalapeno ranch sauce. The guess here is that the whole bacon-wrapped thing sold it more than anything else.
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt, Greinke listed among top MLB players in 2018
- Starting pitching once again expected to lead Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona Diamondbacks announce promotional schedule for 2018 season
- D-backs sign pitcher Jorge De La Rosa to minor league contract
- D-backs GM Mike Hazen: All is silent on J.D. Martinez front