Cardinals rookie Chad Williams repays mom with special gift
When Arizona Cardinals rookie Chad Williams signed his first professional contract, he knew exactly what was going to be his first purchase.
No, it wasn’t a house or a fancy car for himself.
Instead, it was a special gift for his mother, Lisa Rowe, who he knew how much she wanted to have a car with air conditioning.
“My brother works, so my mom watches my niece a lot,” Williams told azcardinals.com. “Man, my niece can’t be riding around in a hot car. She’s a year-and-a-half almost. She can’t be riding around in a hot car.”
Williams added that getting that car for his mom was the only thing he could think about when he signed his contract in mid-May. He settled for a 2016 Nissan Altima which is priced around $20,000.
- Cardinals’ 2017 rookie class deemed ‘underwhelming’ by one NFL expert
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Days 4 and 5: Keim, McDonough visit
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim: Larry Fitzgerald will help QB recruitment
- Larry Fitzgerald’s return brightens Arizona’s dark sports year
- Giants hire former Cardinals DC James Bettcher for same position