Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- FiveThirtyEight: Cardinals vs. Rams is NFL’s most pivotal game in Week 7
- Focal points of Cardinals-Rams Week 7 matchup from the numbers
- Vinny and Skinny: Optimism surrounding Cardinals after big win
- Week 7 NFL Injury Report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Rams
- A.Q. Shipley: Combination of Peterson, healthy O-line bodes well for Cardinals