Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals host Calais Campbell, first place Jaguars
- How the NFC West Was Won Week 11: The division goes winless
- Cardinals rookie WR Chad Williams ‘ready’ for opportunity
- Cardinals release RB Andre Ellington, add Bronson Hill to practice squad
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: ‘Hard to describe’ reason for Cards’ WR drops