Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- NFL.com’s Brooks: Cardinals should draft Kyler Murray, trade Josh Rosen
- Cardinals sign former Bills TE Charles Clay to 1-year deal
- Arizona Cardinals QB Josh Rosen OK after car crash
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- PFF: Cardinals have been hit and miss with top picks since 2015