Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Cardinals game
Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch sat during the Star Spangled Banner prior to the Raiders’ game against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium on Saturday.
Lynch’s act mirrors that of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who sparked a national debate after he knelt during his the national anthem last season.
Lynch, 31, hasn’t played since 2015 but came out of retirement this season to join the Raiders. In nine NFL seasons, the former Super Bowl champion has been a five-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro selection.
- Josh Rosen explains a naughty rule to follow when making reads
- Losing to Oakland is rough, but might be best thing for Cardinals
- Rapid Reactions: Cardinals lose in disappointing fashion to Oakland
- Battle for the bottom: Loss to Raiders burns deep for Cardinals
- Cardinals shine early, fall to Raiders on last-second field goal