D-backs place David Peralta on paternity leave list, recall J.J. Hoover
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed outfielder David Peralta on the paternity leave list and recalled reliever J.J. Hoover on Monday.
Peralta’s wife Jordan gave birth to their first child, Sofia, on Monday, which is also Peralta’s 30th birthday.
After a long day, long night and a long morning finally princess Sofia has arrived 😍😍😍😍 worth every second. What a birthday gift, best ever thanks @jordanlperalta i love you both 💕💕💕💕 Despues de un largo dia, una larga noche y una larga mañana finalmente la princesa Sofia llego 😍😍😍😍. Valio la pena cada segundo. El mejor regalo de cumpleaños, gracias @jordanlperalta las Amos 💕💕💕
The left-handed Peralta is slashing .303/.359/.470 this season and has 12 home runs and 41 RBIs.
Hoover, who made Arizona’s Opening Day roster, owns a 4.82 ERA in 36 appearances with the D-backs this season.
He last pitched for Arizona on July 25 before he was sent down to Triple-A Reno. There, Hoover has a 1.13 ERA (one earned run in 8.0 innings pitched) along with eight strikeouts.
- Diamondbacks swept by Rockies, eliminated from playoff hunt Sunday
- After strong start to 2018, D-backs fail to reach postseason
- With Cardinals’ win over Giants, D-backs knocked out of NL Wild Card race
- Patrick Corbin’s 44-pitch third inning costs D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Saturday may have been Corbin’s last Chase Field start as a Diamondback