Suns complete fourth-quarter comeback to beat Blazers
T.J. Warren scored 23 points and the Suns rallied with a 41-point fourth quarter in Portland to pick up a 114-112 win in their first preseason game.
The fourth-quarter comeback was led by a unit composed of Mike James, Troy Daniels, Warren, Dragan Bender and Alex Len. Daniels got hot late, finishing with 15 points and James had 12 points, including a powerful dunk to seal the game late.
“James has been everywhere!” 😳 pic.twitter.com/etA1jIepZx
— NBA TV (@NBATV) October 4, 2017
Damian Lillard had 18 points for the Trail Blazers.
No. 4 overall selection Josh Jackson scored 14 points, Devin Booker had 19 points and Len finished with 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Rookie Caleb Swanigan scored 18 points for Portland, while fellow rookie Zach Collins was limited to five points but had a team-high eight rebounds. Jusuf Nurkic had 16 points and C.J. McCollum shot just 4-for-13 for his 10 points.
UP NEXT: Phoenix (1-0) visits Utah on Friday. Portland (0-1) hosts Toronto on Thursday.
- For perhaps the final time, Jared Dudley is moving on from Phoenix
- Phoenix Suns trade for Philadelphia forward/center Richaun Holmes
- Suns to fully guarantee Davon Reed, plan to keep Shaquille Harrison
- Phoenix Suns trade forward Jared Dudley to Brooklyn Nets
- Since 2015 trade deadline, Suns put all their eggs in NBA Draft basket