Suns complete fourth-quarter comeback to beat Blazers
T.J. Warren scored 23 points and the Suns rallied with a 41-point fourth quarter in Portland to pick up a 114-112 win in their first preseason game.
The fourth-quarter comeback was led by a unit composed of Mike James, Troy Daniels, Warren, Dragan Bender and Alex Len. Daniels got hot late, finishing with 15 points and James had 12 points, including a powerful dunk to seal the game late.
“James has been everywhere!” 😳 pic.twitter.com/etA1jIepZx
— NBA TV (@NBATV) October 4, 2017
Damian Lillard had 18 points for the Trail Blazers.
No. 4 overall selection Josh Jackson scored 14 points, Devin Booker had 19 points and Len finished with 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Rookie Caleb Swanigan scored 18 points for Portland, while fellow rookie Zach Collins was limited to five points but had a team-high eight rebounds. Jusuf Nurkic had 16 points and C.J. McCollum shot just 4-for-13 for his 10 points.
UP NEXT: Phoenix (1-0) visits Utah on Friday. Portland (0-1) hosts Toronto on Thursday.
- The 5: Key stats the Suns must improve upon in 2017-18
- Arizona Sports roundtable: Questions for the Suns in 2017-18, Part 2
- Arizona Sports roundtable: Questions for the Suns in 2017-18, Part 1
- Earl Watson still growing as he enters second season as Suns coach
- Phoenix Suns exercise 2018-19 options on Booker, Bender and Chriss