D-backs set 25-man NLDS roster vs. Dodgers, include Christian Walker
After deciding on Taijuan Walker as the NLDS Game 1 starter Thursday, the Arizona Diamondbacks finalized the rest of their roster Friday morning.
The team looks a bit different than it did for the NL Wild Card Game, with Christian Walker and Taijuan Walker joining the roster and Rey Fuentes and Chris Hermann being the odd men out.
The team will carry 11 pitchers, eight infielders, four outfielders and two catchers to make up the 25-man roster.
Here is how the team will look for the NLDS:
— Pitchers: Archie Bradley, Andrew Chafin, Patrick Corbin, Jorge De La Rosa, Zack Godley, Zack Greinke, David Hernandez, Robbie Ray, Fernando Rodney, Jimmie Sherfy, Taijuan Walker
— Infielders: Daniel Descalso, Brandon Drury, Paul Goldschmidt, Jake Lamb, Ketel Marte, Kristopher Negron, Adam Rosales, Christian Walker
— Outfielders: Gregor Blanco, J.D. Martinez, David Peralta, A.J. Pollock
— Catchers: Chris Iannetta, Jeff Mathis
Here’s a look at the opposition.
Tune in to 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station, your exclusive home for Arizona Diamondbacks playoff baseball.
- Diamondbacks swept by Rockies, eliminated from playoff hunt Sunday
- After strong start to 2018, D-backs fail to reach postseason
- With Cardinals’ win over Giants, D-backs knocked out of NL Wild Card race
- Patrick Corbin’s 44-pitch third inning costs D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Saturday may have been Corbin’s last Chase Field start as a Diamondback