Behind Stutzman’s 18 points, Idaho State holds off Northern Arizona
POCATELLO, Idaho — Jared Stutzman finished with 18 points and eight rebounds to help Idaho State hold off Northern Arizona 64-60.
Novak Topalovic added 11 points and seven boards and Balint Mocsan scored 10 for the Bengals (8-6, 3-0 Big Sky Conference), who upped their win streak to four and won for the eighth time in nine games. Idaho State is 3-0 in conference play for the first time since the 2006-07 season when they opened 5-0.
Gino Littles scored 22 to pace the Lumberjacks (3-14, 0-4), who have lost five in a row and eight of nine. Jojo Anderson scored nine of his 11 points in the final four minutes, 11 seconds.
The Bengals led 26-20 at halftime and Topalovic’s dunk sparked a 9-0 run early in the second half to push the lead to 35-24. Anderson hit three free throws to pull the Lumberjacks within 54-50 with 4:31 left to play.
Brandon Boyd scored all seven of his points over the next 2:22 to put the Bengals up 63-54. But Anderson hit a three and three more free throws to cut the deficit to 63-60 with 53 seconds left. NAU had a chance to tie but turned the ball over and Stutzman hit 1-of-2 free throws with one second left to preserve the win.
- Hines’ 22 points not enough as NAU falls to Montana
- NAU football hires former ASU assistant Chris Ball as new head coach
- Eaddy leads 4 in double figures, Santa Clara rallies to beat NAU
- Davison’s pick-6 helps Northern Arizona hold off North Dakota
- NAU football game against Sac State canceled due to wild fires