Northern Arizona upsets Montana State for 1st Big Sky win
BOZEMAN, Mont. — Chris Bowling hit the second of two free throws with 14 seconds left to allow Northern Arizona to hold off Montana State and earn its first Big Sky Conference win of the season, 77-75 on Thursday night.
Joe Mvuezolo Jr. hit a 3 with 15 seconds left to get the Bobcats within two, 75-73, then hit two free throws with four seconds left to make it 76-75, but Montana State never got off another shot.
Torry Johnson hit a free throw and Gino Littles knocked down a 3-pointer with 5:40 left to put the Lumberjacks in front, 63-59. Littles hit again from deep to make it 70-64 with 3:05 left and Isaiah Thomas converted a three-point play in the final minute and Karl Harris hit the second of two free throws to give Northern Arizona a 75-70 lead.
Johnson finished with 27 points, Littles and Harris each added another 14 and Brooks Debisschop grabbed 10 rebounds for Northern Arizona (4-17, 1-7).
Devonte Klines scored 15 points, Sam Neumann added 14 and Mvuezolo 11 for Montana State (11-10, 4-4).
- Northern Colorado whips Northern Arizona for first win
- Arizona universities to address lack of women coaching women’s sports
- Randall’s two touchdowns help power Missouri State past NAU
- Northern Arizona drops third straight game in loss to Eastern Washington
- Northern Arizona falls on the road to Idaho