Former D-backs reliever David Hernandez signs with Cincinnati Reds
Former Arizona Diamondbacks reliever David Hernandez has signed a two-year deal with the Cincinnati Reds, the team announced Tuesday.
Hernandez signed a two-year deal with the team.
The 37-year-old was acquired by the D-backs at the trade deadline from the Los Angeles Angels. He pitched well in a limited role, posting a 3.11 ERA over 18.2 innings with 52 strikeouts, 10 holds and one save.
Hernandez gave the D-backs a reliable middle reliever behind their superb setup man Archie Bradley, but the team has reliever depth heading into next season.
There’s also the chance for an increased role in the bullpen for the 26-year-old Jimmie Sherfy, who impressed in his rookie season.
- Jimmie Sherfy talks about the dudes on the Diamondbacks, dude
- Tortugas to wear Bob Ross-themed uniform over Aug. 10 weekend
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Vargas and Grotjohn among standouts
- D-backs’ Silvino Bracho called up from Triple-A Reno; Sherfy sent back down
- D-backs recall Jimmie Sherfy, place Deven Marrero on 10-day DL