Sixteen-year-old Christina DeVries is a big-time Chicago Blackhawks fan who had never been to a game at the United Center. She also happens to be blind.
Earlier in the season, the Blackhawks ran an ad campaign asking fans “What’s your goal?” Christina’s was to go to a game. The team not only made it happen, but went above and beyond.
Christina not only went to a game, but got to meet star Patrick Sharp. The Blackhawks ended up losing the game to the Winnipeg Jets that night, but that did not really ruin the night for a really excited fan.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity