Coyotes sign defenseman Jordan Gross to two-year deal
The Arizona Coyotes announced Thursday they have signed defenseman Jordan Gross to a two-year deal.
Gross had 10 goals and 20 assists for a total of 30 points in 40 games for Notre Dame this year. The 22-year-old was third on Notre Dame in scoring and was a key part of the team’s run to the Frozen Four championship game. He was named to the All-Tournament Team for his efforts.
“Jordan was one of the top defensemen in the NCAA last year and we’re thrilled to add him to our organization,” said Coyotes general manager John Chayka. “He’s a mobile, puck-moving, right shot defenseman who is very smart. He will join a great group of young players that we now have in Arizona.”
The terms of the two-year entry-level deal were not disclosed.
In 159 career games for the Fighting Irish, Gross had 121 points.
- Coyotes’ Clayton Keller announced Calder Memorial Trophy Finalist
- ‘Yotes Notes: Max Domi still a core piece of Arizona’s future
- Check please: Phoenix Children’s Hospital grateful for $250,000 from Arizona Coyotes Foundation
- Roadrunners are Calder Cup contenders in Year 2 of existence
- Coyotes donate $250,000 to Phoenix Children’s Hospital