The Arizona Diamondbacks shuffled their pitching staff Wednesday, recalling Zack Godley from Double-A Mobile and optioning Chase Anderson to Triple-A Reno.
Godley, 25, went 3-0 with a 1.50 ERA in three starts for the D-backs this season. He struck out 17 in 18 innings pitched.
Anderson, 27, is 5-5 with a 4.51 ERA this season.
Even with the swap, it does not appear Godley will reclaim his spot in the starting rotation.
The D-backs are set to take on the Pittsburgh Pirates Wednesday evening in the final game of a three-game series. First pitch is slated for 4:05 p.m.. The teams split the first two games, with Arizona winning Monday and the Pirates coming through in 15 innings Tuesday.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- From the D-backs’ POV: How the ninth inning unraveled in loss to Mets
- D-backs waste another solid start from Buchholz, split series with Mets
- Diamondbacks trade Sedona Red for blue in honor of Father’s Day
- Patrick Corbin hit hard for second straight start, D-backs fall to Mets