The NBA announced Tuesday it had fined Phoenix Suns forward Markieff Morris $10,000 for a public statement detrimental to the NBA.
Morris, 26, has made no secret of his desire to be traded out of Phoenix this summer, as he is upset with many things — including the way the team dealt his twin brother, Marcus, to the Detroit Pistons. Last week, Morris tweeted out that his “future will not be in Phoenix.”
In response to the fine, Morris tweeted a Kanye West “U Mad Bro” image.
Morris would later delete the tweet.
Thus far the Suns have given no indication that they plan on honoring his request. Last season, Morris started all 82 games and averaged 15.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest. He is under contract through the 2018-19 season on a deal that pays him an average of $8 million per season.
- Empire of the Suns trade deadline preview: Greg Monroe
- Devin Booker hits jumper over Jamal Murray, steals his arrow celebration
- Suns need to heavily consider trading for Kemba Walker, just not yet
- Now an All-Star, Embiid is ‘onto the next one’ when it comes to Rihanna
- Phoenix Suns still without Chriss, expected to welcome back Warren