The NBA announced Tuesday it had fined Phoenix Suns forward Markieff Morris $10,000 for a public statement detrimental to the NBA.
Morris, 26, has made no secret of his desire to be traded out of Phoenix this summer, as he is upset with many things — including the way the team dealt his twin brother, Marcus, to the Detroit Pistons. Last week, Morris tweeted out that his “future will not be in Phoenix.”
In response to the fine, Morris tweeted a Kanye West “U Mad Bro” image.
Morris would later delete the tweet.
Thus far the Suns have given no indication that they plan on honoring his request. Last season, Morris started all 82 games and averaged 15.3 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists per contest. He is under contract through the 2018-19 season on a deal that pays him an average of $8 million per season.
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League
- Suns notebook: Ayton underperforms, Okobo injured, Bridges’ revenge game
- Suns’ Shaq Harrison slams it home in closing minutes against 76ers