Just a day after the conclusion of the 2015 season, the Arizona Diamondbacks are making changes to their coaching staff.
According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, the D-backs are changing their pitching coach.
The #Dbacks are expected to announce today a change of pitching coaches. Mike Harkey will be fired; replaced by Mel Stottlemyre Jr.
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 5, 2015
Harkey served as the D-backs’ pitching coach for two seasons. In 2015, the Arizona staff posted an ERA of 4.04, which ranked ninth in the National League.
Stottlemyre, 51, has been in the D-backs organization for 13 years, including the last two seasons as the bullpen coach.
Nightengale’s report has been confirmed by numerous sources, including MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert, although the Diamondbacks have not officially named Stottlemyre the replacement.
- Like Warner, Goldschmidt overcame adversity without a complaint
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray set to make third rehab start Monday
- Diamondbacks go full Miami Vice before heading to Marlins series
- Arizona Diamondbacks’ bullpen vital in sweep of Pirates
- Shelby Miller ‘excited’ to get back on the mound for D-backs