Tyrann Mathieu has been an open book since arriving in Arizona as a third-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.
His story has been well-told, about how he was a Heisman Trophy finalist at LSU before ultimately kicked off the team due to off the field issues, mainly with drugs.
He has turned his life around in the NFL, quickly becoming one of the most popular players on the Arizona Cardinals’ roster as well as a team leader.
The rest of the country got a glimpse of the player Arizona has come to love Sunday when FOX’s Jay Glazer put together an excellent video featuring Mathieu. The defensive back opened up about his past and gave great insight into the person he has become.
- Former Cardinals assistant Brentson Buckner hooks on with Buccaneers
- SI’s King could see free agent QB A.J. McCarron landing with Cardinals
- Al Roker missed Larry Fitzgerald’s non-retirement news
- Cardinals’ 2017 rookie class deemed ‘underwhelming’ by one NFL expert
- Thoughts from Newsmakers Week, Days 4 and 5: Keim, McDonough visit