The Arizona Diamondbacks ran an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit last week, giving fans a chance to ask former and current players, front office members and more their questions.
The originally designed format to allow fans to ask whatever they want to all these D-backs quickly turned into a tirade of jokes about All-Star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt.
While the results varied, the answers to “the most embarrassing thing” about Goldy were perfect.
A.J. Pollock was not shy.
I got a lot…he makes detailed lists to go to the grocery store and cannot deviate from it. -AJP
Andrew Chafin playfully refused.
Paul Goldschmidt is perfect. -AC
That’s not all, though. The answers to a question about Goldschmidt’s massive forearms were filled with teasing.
Yes, he looks like Popeye! -Yasmany Tomas
Google Sequoia National Park, next to the trees are Paul’s forearms. You tell me what’s bigger. -JC
More impressive. Sometimes you get lost and you can’t stop staring at them. -J.J.
It appears that even being the team’s best player does not save you from the occasional round of ridicule.
- D-backs make five roster moves, send Socrates Brito to Triple-A
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Portillo’s and Dutch Bros join food options for D-backs at Chase Field
- Tai’s Taco truck hands out free tacos courtesy of D-backs’ Walker