Report: D-backs will interview Boston bench coach Torey Lovullo for manager position
A name linked with the open manager position for the Arizona Diamondbacks is reportedly set to have an interview for the job.
Lovullo was called the favorite for the job by Fanrag Sports’ Jon Heyman.
Folks would be surprised if the Diamondbacks don’t hire Red Sox bench coach Torey Lovullo to manage, though Phil Nevin is also thought to be in the mix and nothing is coming out of the D-Backs organization.
New D-backs general manager Mike Hazen worked with Lovullo in Boston and Heyman quoted the two as “close.”
Lovullo filled in for Boston manager John Farrell when he was ill in the second half of the 2015 season. He played for seven different MLB teams from 1988-1999 before moving into coaching in 2011 for the Toronto Blue Jays.
Alex Cora is also reportedly set to interview for the job.
- Report: Former D-backs outfielder A.J. Pollock seeks $80 million deal
- Decisions loom for 6 key Diamondbacks free agents
- D-backs’ rookie Ildemaro Vargas hits 1st homer in 5-4 win vs. Padres
- D-backs fall to Padres’ walk-off in 15-inning marathon
- If D-backs rebuild immediately, it means trading Paul Goldschmidt