Giant human David Johnson leaps another human
Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has uncommon speed for a player listed at 224 pounds.
He also, apparently, has incredible leaping ability.
Johnson took a screen pass from Carson Palmer against the Carolina Panthers and had defensive back Robert McClain bearing down on him. So what’d he do?
With little time to do much else after he made the difficult catch, Johnson hurdled the diving McClain from a near stand-still.
He proceeded to earn a first down on a 14-yard gain thanks to a side-stepping move to avoid a second would-be tackler, linebacker Luke Kuechly, and then finished a few extra yards with some power when he met a pack of Carolina defenders.
Here’s a full replay of the entire play — plus a solid still-shot capturing Johnson’s leap.
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks: We got better this offseason