Giant human David Johnson leaps another human
Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has uncommon speed for a player listed at 224 pounds.
He also, apparently, has incredible leaping ability.
Johnson took a screen pass from Carson Palmer against the Carolina Panthers and had defensive back Robert McClain bearing down on him. So what’d he do?
With little time to do much else after he made the difficult catch, Johnson hurdled the diving McClain from a near stand-still.
He proceeded to earn a first down on a 14-yard gain thanks to a side-stepping move to avoid a second would-be tackler, linebacker Luke Kuechly, and then finished a few extra yards with some power when he met a pack of Carolina defenders.
Here’s a full replay of the entire play — plus a solid still-shot capturing Johnson’s leap.
- Cardinals sign DE Ufomba Kamalu to practice squad, release Alec James
- Behind Enemy Lines: Division-rival Seahawks prepare to visit Cardinals
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 4: Rams the next No. 1
- Trivia Tuesday: Arizona Cardinals 100-yard receivers
- Changing hands: Cardinals opt to go with rookie quarterback Rosen