Giant human David Johnson leaps another human
Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has uncommon speed for a player listed at 224 pounds.
He also, apparently, has incredible leaping ability.
Johnson took a screen pass from Carson Palmer against the Carolina Panthers and had defensive back Robert McClain bearing down on him. So what’d he do?
With little time to do much else after he made the difficult catch, Johnson hurdled the diving McClain from a near stand-still.
He proceeded to earn a first down on a 14-yard gain thanks to a side-stepping move to avoid a second would-be tackler, linebacker Luke Kuechly, and then finished a few extra yards with some power when he met a pack of Carolina defenders.
Here’s a full replay of the entire play — plus a solid still-shot capturing Johnson’s leap.
- Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald: Phoenix should take a chance on Suns arena
- David Johnson not eyeing 1,000 yards: ‘Everyone expected more of me’
- Week 15 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim ‘smelling the roses’ watching Larry Fitzgerald
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cardinals?