Giant human David Johnson leaps another human
Arizona Cardinals running back David Johnson has uncommon speed for a player listed at 224 pounds.
He also, apparently, has incredible leaping ability.
Johnson took a screen pass from Carson Palmer against the Carolina Panthers and had defensive back Robert McClain bearing down on him. So what’d he do?
With little time to do much else after he made the difficult catch, Johnson hurdled the diving McClain from a near stand-still.
He proceeded to earn a first down on a 14-yard gain thanks to a side-stepping move to avoid a second would-be tackler, linebacker Luke Kuechly, and then finished a few extra yards with some power when he met a pack of Carolina defenders.
Here’s a full replay of the entire play — plus a solid still-shot capturing Johnson’s leap.
- 2017 Cardinals Karlos Dansby, Blaine Gabbert make free agent visits
- Chiefs sign DT Xavier Williams after Cardinals decline to match
- Report: Cardinals, others propose limit on early NFL start times
- Mathieu ready to take next step after Cardinals, Peterson
- Is there anything left on the WR free agent market for the Cardinals?