Cardinals LT Jared Veldheer has partially torn triceps
The Arizona Cardinals lost left tackle Jared Veldheer to an injury in Sunday’s 30-20 loss to the Carolina Panthers, and on Monday they learned what exactly happened.
It’s not good.
Veldheer, who has started every game for the Cardinals since signing with them as a free agent in 2014, partially tore his left triceps in 2013 and underwent surgery during the summer, and returned to play in five games for the Oakland Raiders that season.
Veldheer is the second starting offensive lineman the Cardinals have lost to injury, as veteran guard Evan Mathis was placed on injured reserve earlier this month due to an ankle injury suffered in a win over San Francisco.
With Veldheer out of the lineup Sunday, John Wetzel — who had seen time at guard this season — took over at left tackle.
- Sporting News: Cardinals’ Wilks ranks among bottom half of NFL coaches
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best