Suns G Devin Booker gets ejected, signs autograph on way out
Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker had no interest participating for the final 17.8 seconds of a frustrating 120-104 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday.
Conveniently, the second-year pro already had earned a technical foul. Earlier in the game, he barked at officials after the second consecutive play of drawing contact — or so he thought — without the whistle blowing.
And so with the game out of reach later, Booker apparently earned his second technical. It wasn’t clear how he did it, and Booker himself appeared confused when the referees told him to head for the exits rather than take a free throw.
What else did he contribute as his team closed out the loss?
Booker waved goodbye to the Phoenix bench and stopped on the way out of the contest to sign an autograph for a young fan standing near the tunnel. He then fist-bumped what appeared to be the father of the fan.
Classy way to go out after your first career ejection, Devin Booker.
Here’s a look at the entire, weird sequence of events.
— Kenny Ducey (@KennyDucey) November 17, 2016
- Guarantee date on Davon Reed’s contract with Suns is Friday
- ESPN: Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson disappoint in Summer League
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League