Phoenix Suns recall Derrick Jones Jr. from D-League
The Phoenix Suns announced in a press release that the team has recalled small forward Derrick Jones Jr. from the Northern Arizona Suns.
In two regular season games with the NAZ Suns, Jones averaged 14.5 points on 58.8 percent shooting and six rebounds in 28.5 minutes. The 19-year-old scored a season-high 19 points in the season opener against Iowa.
Jones attended UNLV for his freshman year of college, and was the team’s second-leading scorer in 2015. He averaged 11.5 points per game on 58.9 percent shooting in 30 games.
He went undrafted in 2016 and joined the Sacramento Kings for the NBA Summer League, but suffered a groin injury during the tournament. Jones signed on with the Suns for training camp, and secured a roster spot before being assigned to the NAZ Suns.
- Guarantee date on Davon Reed’s contract with Suns is Friday
- ESPN: Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson disappoint in Summer League
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League