Len suspended, Chriss and Ulis fined for skirmish with Grizzlies
A dust-up between the Phoenix Suns and Memphis Grizzlies has cost three Suns their time and money.
In the Suns’ loss to Memphis on Wednesday, Devin Booker and the Grizzlies’ Troy Daniels appeared to be taking verbal jabs at one another. A shoving match quickly ensued, led in part by Phoenix’s Tyler Ulis.
Booker had a few words for Daniels in his postgame interview, but it was D-Book’s teammates who wound up taking the brunt of the NBA’s judgement.
Alex Len has been suspended one game without pay for leaving the bench and entering the court during an altercation. Ulis and Marquese Chriss were each fined $15,000 for their involvement, as was Daniels.
Chriss and Ulis were also ejected from the contest, following a delay that came with 1:10 remaining in the fourth quarter.
Len’s suspension will keep him out from the Suns’ home contest on Friday against the Chicago Bulls. This season, the 23-year-old center is averaging 7.2 points and 6.3 rebounds in 19.6 minutes per game.
- Who has struggled, succeeded from sports lens in past 6 months
- Suns G Devin Booker receives 3 votes for All-NBA teams
- Suns pick PG Tyrese Haliburton in The Ringer’s NBA mock draft 1.0
- Report: Suns assistant coach Darko Rajakovic joins Memphis Grizzlies staff
- Report: NBA, NBAPA discussing potential Nov. 18 draft date