Perry High’s Emery Miller awarded Character Counts scholarship
Perry High School’s Emery Miller was honored Tuesday with the $10,000 Character Counts scholarship.
Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and Parker & Sons presented Miller the grand prize in the Al McCoy Media Center at Talking Stick Resort arena.
Miller, whose public speaking and teddy bear drive through Phoenix Children’s Hospital were among his giving endeavors, was named the winner among the 10 Character Counts finalists present Tuesday night.
All were chosen for their accomplishments in the classroom, on the field and — most importantly — in making a difference in their respective communities.
Arizona Sports’ Ron Wolfley and Paul Calvisi hosted the event, while former Cardinal and Off the Edge host Bertrand Berry spoke to the students, their families and their coaches.
- Young fan takes cupcake to OSU QB after hit puts him in hospital
- Reds first baseman Joey Votto gives a fan a memory of a lifetime
- Adidas turns a young fan’s drawings into a real uniform
- Cubs’ Willson Contreras meets fan with down syndrome on fan’s birthday
- Richard Sherman comes through in giving away a college scholarship