The Arizona Wildcats will round out their non-conference schedule with a road game against the UTEP Miners on Friday, Sept. 15.
This match up was originally scheduled to be Saturday, Sept. 16, but it was announced Thursday the game had been rescheduled to Friday at 7:15 p.m. MST and will be televised on ESPN.
The UTEP game will be the Wildcats’ first road trip of the 2017 season and their final non-conference game after home tilts against Northern Arizona and the University of Houston.
Arizona was dismal last season with a 3-9 record, with the campaign including a 0-4 mark on the road with defeates coming by an average of 30.25 points. They also fell to BYU 18-16 in a neutral site battle at University of Phoenix Stadium to open the season.
This will be the first time these teams have played since 2003, when Arizona won 42-17 in Tucson. Overall, the Wildcats hold a 38-11-2 advantage in their all-time series against the Miners.
Arizona opens its Pac-12 play when it hosts the University of Utah on Friday, Sept. 22.
- Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald on track to break one of biggest records in 2018
- Patrick Corbin lone Diamondback on Schoenfield’s All-Star list
- ESPN: College performances show Cards’ Josh Rosen’s ceiling, floor
- ESPN: UA’s Deandre Ayton best fit for Suns if they draft No. 1
- USA Today’s Myerberg ‘bullish’ on Arizona football, not on ASU