Phoenix Rising fall to Louisville City in 2018 USL Cup Final
It was a hard fought battle throughout, but the Phoenix Rising were on the losing end of Thursday night’s USL Cup Final against Louisville City FC, falling 1-0.
It was the Rising’s first USL Cup Final appearance.
After scoring at least two goals throughout the USL Playoffs, the Rising failed to record a goal, missing on 13 shots.
— (x)-Phoenix Rising FC (@PHXRisingFC) November 9, 2018
Part of that could be credited to Louisville City’s defense, which allowed just two points in four playoff matches.
Throughout the first half, however, it was stalemate between the two teams as neither could find the back of the net.
It wouldn’t be until the 62nd minute when Louisville City’s Luke Spencer recorded the lone goal of the night, making it 1-0.
From there, Louisville City controlled the game, possessing the ball for close to 60 percent of the time.
- Phoenix Rising’s Spencer, Aguinaga make USL team of the week
- Phoenix Rising finds the back of the net often in win over Timbers 2
- Rising FC head coach Rick Schantz named USL Coach of the Month
- ‘It feels like a big club’: Schantz vision for Rising starting to show
- Versatility is key for new Rising FC player, Liverpool import Corey Whelan