ASU hockey beaten by Quinnipiac in first NCAA Tournament apperance
The best season in Arizona State men’s hockey history came to its conclusion on Saturday night.
The Sun Devils were defeated by Quinnipiac, 2-1, in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
Brinson Pasichnuk scored the lone goal for No. 3 seed ASU, which was playing in its first tournament in the program’s four-year NCAA history.
Brinson Pasichnuk scores the first NCAA Tournament goal in @SunDevilHockey history and with one shot has ASU right back in the game!
— NCAA Ice Hockey (@NCAAIceHockey) March 31, 2019
ASU finished the season 21-13-1.
It was the program’s first 20-win season and winning season in its history.
- Michael Crow: ‘Probable’ ASU-Arizona football rivalry moves to end of year
- Mandel predicts winless Arizona football in 2020, ASU to finish 7-3
- ASU football WR Frank Darby makes Bruce Feldman’s ‘freak’ list
- Former Sun Devil Aiyuk a middle-round pick in NFL fantasy drafts
- Herm Edwards wants to build ASU’s team around QB Jayden Daniels