PHOENIX SUNS

Report: Suns minority owner Jahm Najafi to bid $3.75 billion on Premier League’s Tottenham

Feb 15, 2023, 9:45 PM | Updated: 10:29 pm

The Tottenham Hotspur home shirt displaying the club badge on May 19, 20201 in Manchester, United K...

The Tottenham Hotspur home shirt displaying the club badge on May 19, 20201 in Manchester, United Kingdom. (Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)

(Photo by Visionhaus/Getty Images)

Phoenix Suns minority owner Jahm Najafi is reportedly getting set to propose a $3.75 billion bid to purchase Premier League soccer team Tottenham Hotspur in London.

Najafi is chair of MSP Sports Capital, a company that identifies itself as an investor in sports teams, leagues and businesses in the sports ecosystem that are pursuing ambitious, challenging tasks, according to their website.

The Financial Times first reported that Najafi is working different investors to present a bid in the coming weeks to current owner, ENIC Group, which is owned by British billionaire Joe Lewis.

MSP would reportedly put forward 70% of the bid and investors would take care of the other 30%.

Although, according to The Athletic, Tottenham maintained the club is not for sale.

Additionally, MSP Sports Capital also has ownership stakes in X Games, McLaren Racing and several other soccer teams including Portugal’s Estoril Praia, Spain’s AD Alcorcon, Belgium’s SK Beveren and Germany’s FC Augsburg.

In March 2022, Tottenham was valued at $2.35 billion, No. 10 in the world and No. 5 in the Premier League, according to Forbes.

The team also finished a new stadium in London in 2019 that was estimated to be around $1 billion.

Phoenix Suns

...

Arizona Sports Video

Video: Bickley Blast: Something feels very different with Devin Booker and the Suns

On the latest Bickley Blast, Dan Bickley asks if a Devin Booker trade request is in the near future.

3 hours ago

Devin Booker #1 and head coach Frank Vogel of the Phoenix Suns...

Arizona Sports

NBA playoff standings: Suns need outside help to avoid play-in

Where are the Phoenix Suns in the Western Conference standings? They're fighting for playoff positioning and hoping to avoid the play-in.

14 hours ago

(L-R) Ish Wainright #12, Isaiah Thomas #4, Drew Eubanks #14 and David Roddy #21 of the Phoenix Suns...

Damon Allred

Isaiah Thomas: ‘The world knows how scary’ Phoenix Suns can be in playoffs

Isaiah Thomas joined Burns & Gambo on Thursday to talk about the final week of the regular season and the fight for postseason positioning.

17 hours ago

Karl-Anthony Towns posts up Kevin Durant...

Damon Allred

Timberwolves’ Karl-Anthony Towns expected to make return before regular season finale vs. Suns

Timberwolves' Karl-Anthony Towns is on track to return from a torn meniscus on Friday when the Wolves match up against the Atlanta Hawks.

18 hours ago

...

Arizona Sports Video

Video: Bickley Blast: Can a Phoenix Suns playoff run can force this team to reconcile its issues?

Despite the bad vibes surrounding the Phoenix Suns, Dan Bickley debates if an NBA playoff run can be the determining factor in what makes or breaks this team's underlying issues.

1 day ago

Devin Booker #1 of the Phoenix Suns reacts as he walks past Kevin Durant #35 during the first half ...

Kellan Olson

Suns show same bad vibes, do barely enough to beat depleted Clippers

The Phoenix Suns were gifted a depleted Los Angeles Clippers squad on Wednesday the night after a terrible loss to L.A.

2 days ago

Report: Suns minority owner Jahm Najafi to bid $3.75 billion on Premier League’s Tottenham