Mike Iupati plays on the offensive line but just after receiver Larry Fitzgerald showed off his blocking skills, it was Iupati’s turn to show he’s also pretty multi-dimensional.
Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer saw his pass get batted into the air Thursday against the Minnesota Vikings, but luckily for him the ball fell right into Iupati’s hands.
Not only was the big offensive guard able to catch it in traffic, but he was able to turn and rumble for 10 yards before being gang-tackled by Minnesota.
While we’re not telling you to go straight to your fantasy football waiver wire to pick up Iupati, we did find this interesting tidbit: the play was the third this season in which an offensive lineman caught a pass that went at least 10 yards, according to ESPN Stats & Info.
On another note, it made way for this tweet of the year nomination.
“It’s Iupati.” – Jim Nantz calling this game or Christopher Walken describing your birthday party.
— Tom Fornelli (@TomFornelli) December 11, 2015
- Justin Pugh had to leave unlikely friendship to sign with Cardinals
- New Cardinals OL Justin Pugh talks college, Pat Tillman, West Coast
- Former Cardinals QB Matt Barkley signs with Bengals
- Free agent CB EJ Gaines visiting Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals free agent Jaron Brown agrees to one-year deal with Seattle