It was believed that following a busy offseason, interest in the Arizona Diamondbacks was as high as it has been in recent years.
If the Opening Day numbers are any indication, that is exactly the case.
The game, which Arizona lost to the Colorado Rockies 10-5, was announced as a sellout, and according to FOX Sports Arizona earned a 4.5 rating (81,117 households) in Phoenix, with its peak being a 6.9 rating (124,379 households). The numbers represent a 32 percent increase over last season’s Opening Day broadcast.
The Diamondbacks hope to get themselves into the win column for the first time this season when Shelby Miller takes the mound for the second game against the Rockies Tuesday night. First pitch will be at 6:40 p.m. and the game can be heard on KTAR News 92.3 FM and seen on FOX Sports Arizona Plus.
- Goldschmidt shows off baserunning skills in fourth inning against Rockies
- Eight-year-old throws first pitch at D-backs’ game using 3-D-printed hand
- Paul Goldschmidt: Intimidating, friendly, the guy you want at the plate
- Rockies light up Archie Bradley in game-changing inning of D-backs’ loss
- Current D-backs, 2001 champs dominate 20th anniversary team