It was believed that following a busy offseason, interest in the Arizona Diamondbacks was as high as it has been in recent years.
If the Opening Day numbers are any indication, that is exactly the case.
The game, which Arizona lost to the Colorado Rockies 10-5, was announced as a sellout, and according to FOX Sports Arizona earned a 4.5 rating (81,117 households) in Phoenix, with its peak being a 6.9 rating (124,379 households). The numbers represent a 32 percent increase over last season’s Opening Day broadcast.
The Diamondbacks hope to get themselves into the win column for the first time this season when Shelby Miller takes the mound for the second game against the Rockies Tuesday night. First pitch will be at 6:40 p.m. and the game can be heard on KTAR News 92.3 FM and seen on FOX Sports Arizona Plus.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors