The Arizona Cardinals have selected at least one receiver in each of their last six drafts, so it would not be a shock to see the tab another wideout at some point during next week’s proceedings.
Could their guy come from down the road in Tempe?
According to NFL insider Aaron Wilson, the Cardinals have worked out Arizona State product Devin Lucien.
The receiver has also been looked at closer by the Cincinnati Bengals, Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots.
Lucien spent one season with Arizona State after transferring from UCLA. He caught 66 passes for 1,074 yards and eight touchdowns. Over his last three games he tallied 26 catches for 534 yards and five scores.
The 6-foot-2 wideout was clocked at 4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the ASU Pro Day, and he posted a 34.5-inch vertical leap.
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI