Ole Miss offensive tackle Larry Tunsil was expected to become a top-10 pick in the NFL Draft but a series of controversies — mostly over his social media accounts — caused him to fall to the Miami Dolphins at 13th overall.
It began when, minutes before the draft, Tunsil’s Twitter account posted a video of the prospect with what appeared to be a bong attached to a gas mask.
After being drafted, Tunsil admitted the video was from years ago and that he had been hacked.
“Like I said, man, I made a mistake,” Tunsil told ESPN Radio. “That video was from years ago. Somehow someone who hacked my Twitter account got my photos and put it on my Twitter.
“I just don’t know who did it.”
Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told ESPN Radio Miami was “very comfortable with all the information we have on the situation. We had heard rumors and we had done [background] work.”
Tunsil’s Twitter profile was shut down but soon after, Tunsil’s Instagram account posted two text conversations allegedly between Tunsil and John Miller regarding payments owed to the player. One John Miller is an assistant athletic director at Ole Miss.
Tunsil admitted to accepting money from his college program before being ushered off the stage.
Pressed on if there was an exchange of money while at Ole Miss, Tunsil said, “I’d have to say yeah.”
- Bledsoe trade to Bucks puts Cavs fans, and maybe LeBron, in a bad mood
- Sports stars, pro teams react to Las Vegas mass shooting
- Now Trending, Sept. 19: Hockey is back, but is Texas football back?
- Machine that produces bricks inspires NBA player roasting
- Panthers bring fresh take, become prince of Twitter for a day