Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- A scenario in which the D-backs bring back J.D. Martinez
- 2017 in review: The year in sports as told by social media
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley to appear in ASU’s Curtain of Distraction
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors
- Never thinking he would be ‘good enough,’ Lovullo named Manager of Year