Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Christian Walker heating up in Reno
- Braves down Diamondbacks after a rough four-run third inning
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Cron, Payamps and Peacock dominating
- MLB All-Star Selection Sunday is here for the Arizona Diamondbacks
- D-backs’ McFarland receives diploma ahead of matchup with Padres