Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- MLB umpires wear wristbands to protest ‘abusive’ treatment
- Greinke, D-backs bats stymied in shutout loss to Twins
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray fans 11 but takes loss in Single-A rehab start
- D-backs’ Rubby De La Rosa to undergo second Tommy John surgery
- D-backs’ Peralta back from paternity leave; Banda optioned