Updated Nov 19, 2013 - 9:43 am
Arizona Cardinals LB Sam Acho continues quest to build hospital in Africa
Back in September, Acho injured his ankle during a loss to the New Orleans Saints and was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
But the third-year player is still making a difference in the world.
December 9, Acho, in conjunction with Living Hope Ministries (his parents' foundation), is hosting the second annual Hope for Life Celebrity Auction and Fashion Show at the Ritz-Carlton in Phoenix. Proceeds will help build a hospital in Nigeria, where his parents were born.
Acho has recruited several Cardinals teammates and other Valley athletes and celebrities, who will be auctioning off experiences like rounds of golf, wine tastings and bowling outings. Cards quarterback Carson Palmer is auctioning off the opportunity for people to have him take their kids to school.
"The biggest thing is we're trying to raise this money to build this hospital, so I want people to sign up now and then you'll get a chance to experience what people said last year was an awesome event," Acho told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620.
For more details on how you can get involved in the Hope for Life Celebrity Auction and Fashion Show, visit SamAcho.com.
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too