Updated Dec 5, 2011 - 8:01 pm
The Hyphen's big play brings more attention
He is the kickoff return specialist on a team that has a rookie returning punts for touchdowns at record pace, he is a running back behind Beanie Wells, who is having a career season, and he is a coverage blocker on the punt return team.
Stephens-Howling does not mind not receiving a lot of attention despite his many contributions, in fact he tries to avoid it.
"There is always someone that is going to be able to make the play to win. The attention, you know that comes with it," Stephens-Howling told Arizona Sports 620's Dough and Wolf. "And for me, I try to fly under the radar and I don't really look for it. But if it is coming, it's coming for a good reason, that's okay with me."
The attention turns to Stephens-Howling after he brought a short pass from Kevin Kolb 52 yards in for the game winning touchdown in overtime against the Dallas Cowboys.
"That was a great win just because not too many outside of our own locker room even thought we had a chance to win," Stephens-Howling said. "But it was just great to come out with a victory and I think, I mean, I know our guys are a lot more confident now from that win and the way it happened."
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.