Updated Dec 5, 2011 - 8:01 pm
The Hyphen's big play brings more attention
He is the kickoff return specialist on a team that has a rookie returning punts for touchdowns at record pace, he is a running back behind Beanie Wells, who is having a career season, and he is a coverage blocker on the punt return team.
Stephens-Howling does not mind not receiving a lot of attention despite his many contributions, in fact he tries to avoid it.
"There is always someone that is going to be able to make the play to win. The attention, you know that comes with it," Stephens-Howling told Arizona Sports 620's Dough and Wolf. "And for me, I try to fly under the radar and I don't really look for it. But if it is coming, it's coming for a good reason, that's okay with me."
The attention turns to Stephens-Howling after he brought a short pass from Kevin Kolb 52 yards in for the game winning touchdown in overtime against the Dallas Cowboys.
"That was a great win just because not too many outside of our own locker room even thought we had a chance to win," Stephens-Howling said. "But it was just great to come out with a victory and I think, I mean, I know our guys are a lot more confident now from that win and the way it happened."
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!