Updated Jan 17, 2012 - 12:09 pm
Larry Fitzgerald still catches everything in sight
His ability to catch most anything thrown his way is well documented, and even commercialized by a popular breakfast food chain.
Fitzgerald is coming off a season that saw him record 80 catches for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns -- a down year, compared to others he's produced -- but still, one worth of a Pro Bowl spot.
ProFootballFocus released its list of players with the fewest drops in the NFL, and the Cards' star came in eighth with just three.
Fitzgerald trails Golden Tate, Dez Bryant, Malcolm Floyd, Marques Colston, Reggie Wayne, Jordy Nelson and Jabar Gaffney.
According to the site, Fitzgerald caught 80 of 83 catchable balls thrown his way, with a drop rate of just 3.61. It is noted that Fitz has finished in the top eight every year but 2009, where he finished 12th, with consistency that is unmatched by any other wideout.
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.