Updated Jan 17, 2012 - 12:09 pm
Larry Fitzgerald still catches everything in sight
His ability to catch most anything thrown his way is well documented, and even commercialized by a popular breakfast food chain.
Fitzgerald is coming off a season that saw him record 80 catches for 1,411 yards and eight touchdowns -- a down year, compared to others he's produced -- but still, one worth of a Pro Bowl spot.
ProFootballFocus released its list of players with the fewest drops in the NFL, and the Cards' star came in eighth with just three.
Fitzgerald trails Golden Tate, Dez Bryant, Malcolm Floyd, Marques Colston, Reggie Wayne, Jordy Nelson and Jabar Gaffney.
According to the site, Fitzgerald caught 80 of 83 catchable balls thrown his way, with a drop rate of just 3.61. It is noted that Fitz has finished in the top eight every year but 2009, where he finished 12th, with consistency that is unmatched by any other wideout.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.