Updated Feb 2, 2012 - 9:14 am
Warner on Peyton Manning to AZ possibilities
Kurt Warner joined ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike (mornings 5 to 9 a.m on Arizona Sports 620) and discussed the looming possibility that Colts quarterback Peyton Manning could be wearing Cardinal red in 2012.
Co-host Mike Golic asked if Cardinals' receiver Larry Fitzgerald would be on board with Manning heading to Arizona should he be released by Indianapolis before next month's roster bonus deadline day.
"I'm sure he would love that, and I'm sure the state of Arizona would love that," Warner said. "They've struggled to fill that position and if you get an opportunity to have a guy like Peyton Manning, assuming he's back, he changes the dynamic on your football team."
And Warner acknowledges that Manning could be the X-factor for the Cardinals, a team that showed promise late in 2011, winning seven of their last nine games.
"We saw a team that down the stretch won a number a games and finished 8-8 with not a lot of pieces. If you add a Peyton Manning to that mix in the NFC West, all of a sudden, you're a big time contender."
The Cardinals aren't the only team who will explore signing the NFL's best pitchman. Miami, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle and the New York Jets have already been linked through rumors, and there could be more.
"It's going to be that risk-reward. How much to you have to pay? What's the risk? Is it all worth it at this point in time of his career," Warner said. "I think that's what's going to be interesting is how many teams jump into the mix saying 'this is something we have to try'."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?