Updated Feb 2, 2012 - 9:14 am
Warner on Peyton Manning to AZ possibilities
Kurt Warner joined ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike (mornings 5 to 9 a.m on Arizona Sports 620) and discussed the looming possibility that Colts quarterback Peyton Manning could be wearing Cardinal red in 2012.
Co-host Mike Golic asked if Cardinals' receiver Larry Fitzgerald would be on board with Manning heading to Arizona should he be released by Indianapolis before next month's roster bonus deadline day.
"I'm sure he would love that, and I'm sure the state of Arizona would love that," Warner said. "They've struggled to fill that position and if you get an opportunity to have a guy like Peyton Manning, assuming he's back, he changes the dynamic on your football team."
And Warner acknowledges that Manning could be the X-factor for the Cardinals, a team that showed promise late in 2011, winning seven of their last nine games.
"We saw a team that down the stretch won a number a games and finished 8-8 with not a lot of pieces. If you add a Peyton Manning to that mix in the NFC West, all of a sudden, you're a big time contender."
The Cardinals aren't the only team who will explore signing the NFL's best pitchman. Miami, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle and the New York Jets have already been linked through rumors, and there could be more.
"It's going to be that risk-reward. How much to you have to pay? What's the risk? Is it all worth it at this point in time of his career," Warner said. "I think that's what's going to be interesting is how many teams jump into the mix saying 'this is something we have to try'."
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!