Updated Mar 20, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Cardinals agree to contract with Early Doucet
Doucet will have a chance to build on a career-best season that saw him play in all 16 games for the first time, as well as notch personal bests of 54 receptions, 689 yards and five touchdowns.
Doucet became one of the team's best third down options last season, and scored three of his five touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
Selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Doucet has caught 111 passes for 1,284 yards and seven touchdowns in his career.
The move may come as a disappointment to some, but it's worth remembering that, having finally stayed healthy, Doucet started to produce opposite Larry Fitzgerald.
He was second on the team in receptions last season and, save for one clumsy moment in Cincinnati, proved to be a fairly reliable option for Cardinals QBs to throw to.
At just 26-years-old, there is still time for Doucet to improve, and it's better that he gets the chance to do it in Arizona rather than some place else.
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.