Updated Mar 20, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Cardinals agree to contract with Early Doucet
Doucet will have a chance to build on a career-best season that saw him play in all 16 games for the first time, as well as notch personal bests of 54 receptions, 689 yards and five touchdowns.
Doucet became one of the team's best third down options last season, and scored three of his five touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
Selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Doucet has caught 111 passes for 1,284 yards and seven touchdowns in his career.
The move may come as a disappointment to some, but it's worth remembering that, having finally stayed healthy, Doucet started to produce opposite Larry Fitzgerald.
He was second on the team in receptions last season and, save for one clumsy moment in Cincinnati, proved to be a fairly reliable option for Cardinals QBs to throw to.
At just 26-years-old, there is still time for Doucet to improve, and it's better that he gets the chance to do it in Arizona rather than some place else.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!