Updated Mar 20, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Cardinals agree to contract with Early Doucet
Doucet will have a chance to build on a career-best season that saw him play in all 16 games for the first time, as well as notch personal bests of 54 receptions, 689 yards and five touchdowns.
Doucet became one of the team's best third down options last season, and scored three of his five touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
Selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Doucet has caught 111 passes for 1,284 yards and seven touchdowns in his career.
The move may come as a disappointment to some, but it's worth remembering that, having finally stayed healthy, Doucet started to produce opposite Larry Fitzgerald.
He was second on the team in receptions last season and, save for one clumsy moment in Cincinnati, proved to be a fairly reliable option for Cardinals QBs to throw to.
At just 26-years-old, there is still time for Doucet to improve, and it's better that he gets the chance to do it in Arizona rather than some place else.
- Rashard Mendenhall to retire, teams told
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!