Updated Mar 20, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Cardinals agree to contract with Early Doucet
Doucet will have a chance to build on a career-best season that saw him play in all 16 games for the first time, as well as notch personal bests of 54 receptions, 689 yards and five touchdowns.
Doucet became one of the team's best third down options last season, and scored three of his five touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
Selected by the Cardinals in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Doucet has caught 111 passes for 1,284 yards and seven touchdowns in his career.
The move may come as a disappointment to some, but it's worth remembering that, having finally stayed healthy, Doucet started to produce opposite Larry Fitzgerald.
He was second on the team in receptions last season and, save for one clumsy moment in Cincinnati, proved to be a fairly reliable option for Cardinals QBs to throw to.
At just 26-years-old, there is still time for Doucet to improve, and it's better that he gets the chance to do it in Arizona rather than some place else.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!