Updated Oct 26, 2012 - 11:02 am
Whisenhunt: 'Jay is mentally a tough guy'
After a stretch of 19 consecutive field goals made, Feely has missed one in each of the last three games. The Cardinals lost all three of those games. With reports circulating that the Cardinals worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown on Tuesday, Feely's future with the team came under question.
But Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't worried about whether his kicker can handle the pressure around him as he's confident in Feely's abilities.
"Jay is mentally a tough guy," Whisenhunt said Thursday. "He's been in this business a while, he's made kicks and for the most part he has made them for us. You talk about it, but he understands the pressure being put in that position. I definitely have confidence he'll get it done."
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?