Updated Oct 26, 2012 - 11:02 am
Whisenhunt: 'Jay is mentally a tough guy'
After a stretch of 19 consecutive field goals made, Feely has missed one in each of the last three games. The Cardinals lost all three of those games. With reports circulating that the Cardinals worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown on Tuesday, Feely's future with the team came under question.
But Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't worried about whether his kicker can handle the pressure around him as he's confident in Feely's abilities.
"Jay is mentally a tough guy," Whisenhunt said Thursday. "He's been in this business a while, he's made kicks and for the most part he has made them for us. You talk about it, but he understands the pressure being put in that position. I definitely have confidence he'll get it done."
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.