Updated Oct 26, 2012 - 11:02 am
Whisenhunt: 'Jay is mentally a tough guy'
After a stretch of 19 consecutive field goals made, Feely has missed one in each of the last three games. The Cardinals lost all three of those games. With reports circulating that the Cardinals worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown on Tuesday, Feely's future with the team came under question.
But Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't worried about whether his kicker can handle the pressure around him as he's confident in Feely's abilities.
"Jay is mentally a tough guy," Whisenhunt said Thursday. "He's been in this business a while, he's made kicks and for the most part he has made them for us. You talk about it, but he understands the pressure being put in that position. I definitely have confidence he'll get it done."
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.