Updated Oct 26, 2012 - 11:02 am
Whisenhunt: 'Jay is mentally a tough guy'
After a stretch of 19 consecutive field goals made, Feely has missed one in each of the last three games. The Cardinals lost all three of those games. With reports circulating that the Cardinals worked out free agent kicker Josh Brown on Tuesday, Feely's future with the team came under question.
But Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt isn't worried about whether his kicker can handle the pressure around him as he's confident in Feely's abilities.
"Jay is mentally a tough guy," Whisenhunt said Thursday. "He's been in this business a while, he's made kicks and for the most part he has made them for us. You talk about it, but he understands the pressure being put in that position. I definitely have confidence he'll get it done."
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.