Updated Nov 18, 2012 - 12:16 pm
John Skelton benched in second quarter vs. Falcons
Midway through the second quarter of Arizona's game against the Falcons, the former fifth-round pick out of Fordham was replaced in favor of rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley.
Despite three first quarter interceptions by the Cardinals defense, Skelton began the game just 2-for-7 for six yards.
Skelton began the season as the team's starter before suffering a right ankle injury in the team's 20-16 win over the Seattle Seahawks. After Kevin Kolb sustained a rib injury in the fourth quarter of Arizona's Week 6 loss to the Buffalo Bills, Skelton once again took over the starting duties.
In his last three starts, Skelton is 0-3.
Lindley, who was selected in the sixth round by the Cardinals in last April's draft, came into Sunday's game with no career pass attempts.
- Michael Floyd: A threat Arizona Cardinals have not had since Anquan Boldin
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?