Kurt Warner sees frustration in Larry Fitzgerald
From 2007-2009, Fitzgerald caught 293 passes for 3,932 yards and 35 touchdowns.
He was dominant, gaining a reputation for being one of the league's best receivers.
Life has not been the same since Warner retired, though, with Fitzgerald's numbers slipping to the point where they are now: 11 games, 55 catches, 627 yards, four touchdowns.
Fitzgerald's struggles -- along with those of the Cardinals themselves -- have led to the Pro Bowler being visibly frustrated on the field, which is something his former quarterback has picked up on.
"I think any great player wants the ball in their hands as much as they possibly can," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday. "Yeah, I don't think there's any question Larry is used to having more success."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, noted he thinks Fitzgerald cares more about winning than individual stats, so his mediocre start to the season was an afterthought when the Cardinals were 4-0.
"And then when you get into those stretches where you're not winning and you don't feel like you're able to really impact the game like you want to and like you can, that gets frustrating for any playmaker."
Fitzgerald and the Cardinals will look to both get back on track Sunday in New York against the Jets. It's the first time the teams have met since 2008, where the Cardinals lost 56-35.
Warner threw for 472 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions on the day, while Fitzgerald caught eight passes for 122 yards.
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.