Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 10:33 am
NFL insider: Todd Haley could replace Ken Whisenhunt
As it turns out, that search could lead to someone who was right beside Whisenhunt during the entire playoff run.
"Todd Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, I continue to hear from multiple sources that the Arizona Cardinals are high on him to replace Ken Whisenhunt," CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora said on the network's NFL pregame show Sunday. "You have to remember, the Bidwill family there, they wanted to add him to Whisenhunt's staff a year ago.
"He's very popular there."
Haley spent two years in Arizona as the offensive coordinator, and is credited for helping to turn Kurt Warner's career around and make the team's offense one of the best in the league.
He left Arizona to coach the Kansas City Chiefs following Super Bowl XLIII, where he lasted less than three seasons. Haley led the team to the postseason in 2010, but had a 19-26 record before being fired 13 games into the 2011 season.
And, as LaCanfora said, there were rumors that the Cardinals were interested in bringing Haley back as offensive coordinator before this season, but Whisenhunt ultimately chose to stick with Mike Miller at the position.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!