Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 3:42 pm
Report: Cardinals consider using 2nd round RFA tender on Brian Hoyer
According to NFL writer Adam Caplan, they're thinking of using a 2nd round restricted free agent tender on him.
Should the Cardinals go that route, they will be agreeing to pay Hoyer about $700K more than he otherwise would have received from the team as a free agent, according to AZCardinals.com's Darren Urban. Any team that tries to sign the QB away from Arizona forfeits a second-round draft pick to do so.
Hoyer, 27, joined the Cardinals late last season and appeared in two games with the team, including a Week 17 start in San Francisco. In all, Hoyer completed 30-of-53 passes for 330 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.