Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 5:09 pm
Report: Cardinals lose CB Greg Toler to Colts
According to Fox Sports/Scout.com reporter Aaron Wilson, Greg Toler is one such player.
Colts agree to terms with former Cardinals cornerback Greg Toler, team announces— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 12, 2013
CBS Sports' Pete Prisco is reporting the contract is for $15 million over three years.
A fourth round pick out of Saint Paul's by the Cardinals in 2009, Toler proved to be a solid player for the team.
After totaling just 11 tackles and two passes defensed as a rookie, Toler burst onto the scene in 2010 with 90 tackles, one sack, two interceptions and nine passes defensed. A torn ACL robbed him of the 2011 season, though, and while Toler played in 11 games in 2012, he wasn't the same player.
Toler's defection leaves the Cardinals needing to add another cornerback or two, and it's been reported they are bringing in Colts defensive back Jerraud Powers in for a visit.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.