Updated Mar 19, 2013 - 5:37 pm
Cards' roster revamp not helping in ESPN power rankings
In an effort to construct a roster more to their style of coaching, the team released players such as safety Adrian Wilson, quarterback Kevin Kolb, running back Beanie Wells and wide receiver Early Doucet, to name a few.
To fill in those holes, the team added quarterback Drew Stanton, cornerback Antoine Cason, running back Rashard Mendenhall and linebacker Jasper Brinkley, among others.
However, the changes for the Red Birds didn't impress enough to earn a higher spot in ESPN.com's NFL pre-draft Power Rankings.
The power rankings have Arizona slotted 29th out of the league's 32 teams, only trailed by the Raiders, Jets and Jaguars.
ESPN.com's NFC West blogger Mike Sando said, "Adding Drew Stanton made sense, but won't generate buzz around the Cards."
Two of Arizona's division rivals, Seattle and San Francisco, hold the top spots in the power rankings.
Sando said the top-ranked Seahawks', "High-risk, high-reward move for Percy Harvin got voters' attention."
The 49ers added wide receiver Anquan Boldin in a trade with Baltimore and have plenty of flexibility in the upcoming draft.
"Two-time defending NFC West champs can restock with 14 draft choices," Sando said.
- Bradley Sowell, offensive line bounce back for Arizona Cardinals
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?