Cards' roster revamp not helping in ESPN power rankings
In an effort to construct a roster more to their style of coaching, the team released players such as safety Adrian Wilson, quarterback Kevin Kolb, running back Beanie Wells and wide receiver Early Doucet, to name a few.
To fill in those holes, the team added quarterback Drew Stanton, cornerback Antoine Cason, running back Rashard Mendenhall and linebacker Jasper Brinkley, among others.
However, the changes for the Red Birds didn't impress enough to earn a higher spot in ESPN.com's NFL pre-draft Power Rankings.
The power rankings have Arizona slotted 29th out of the league's 32 teams, only trailed by the Raiders, Jets and Jaguars.
ESPN.com's NFC West blogger Mike Sando said, "Adding Drew Stanton made sense, but won't generate buzz around the Cards."
Two of Arizona's division rivals, Seattle and San Francisco, hold the top spots in the power rankings.
Sando said the top-ranked Seahawks', "High-risk, high-reward move for Percy Harvin got voters' attention."
The 49ers added wide receiver Anquan Boldin in a trade with Baltimore and have plenty of flexibility in the upcoming draft.
"Two-time defending NFC West champs can restock with 14 draft choices," Sando said.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.